Thursday, March 1, 2018

My Life/Family Life


Hello My Fans! 
INCOME TAXES DONE
I’ve gotten my 2017 income taxes out of the way -- Whew! 
I’m so happy I won’t have to think about Uncle Sam for another 11 months, or so (smile). 
Although I look forward to getting a little ‘change’ back during this time of year, I hate having to organize and tally up all those receipts. Each year I pledge to do much better, but I find myself doing the exact same thing. Last year, I labeled 12 envelopes with the names of each month, and I found the envelopes inter-mingled with the mounds of receipts when I pulled out my huge brown file that houses my collections over the month, and guess what – Each envelope was found nice, crisp and empty. Even the very first envelope for January 2017 was empty, so I failed myself right from the start. I promise to do much better in 2018. I will!
So much for that –
KEEPING BUSY 
My husband and I have been busy these past few days assisting our daughter, a 10th grade High School FFA student, who loves animals to the point of us surprisingly getting quite fond of a few.  It pleases us to see how happy she is finding her place in High School. She’s a likable kid, but no different from the usual teen who does the things that normal teens do, so my hubby and I have to ‘keep on our toes’ as we interact and support her crafts, love for animals and goals in life. These life adventures do keep us young, at least (LOL).  

I just feel it’s so very important to allow our children to find their own goals in life (to a point) just long as their goals are in-keeping with great morals, values and noting the laws of our great land. I mean, it would be easier for my kid to become an educator, like her mommy, but that just isn’t HER calling.  So, whatever the case, I must grin and bear it – Yes, put on my happy face – And, I do. In fact, most days I’m happy to love on Floppy, Chase, Domino, and the new Mama rabbit (nameless by design), and the beautiful kit rabbits that Domino and the new Mama rabbit conceived. It does make us very happy to see that our daughter is comfortable in her High School selections.

She’s growing up so fast. Back in June, 2017 she received her Driver permit, and by the end of July she’d completed the course except for a 6 month wait to practice as we documented her excursions. By December, she was ready to take the Road Test exam, but she still hadn't I mean, who gets a new vehicle before they get their actual Driver License? 

Driver Permit - June, 2018



New Jeep - February 4, 2018



Getting Finger-Printed at DPS and Paper Driver License



MY LOVE FOR TEACHING ADULTS
Another item of importance to me is my work with adult learners. Most people don’t know it, but I teach for a University as an adjunct professor. These days, however, the courses are on line – And, I love it! These adults are mainly teachers aspiring to become Administrators (Instructional Leaders) in our nation’s schools. I love my work because it’s very important to me not only as a Mom and retired educator, but I truly care about shaping the minds and hearts of future leaders who will one day become leaders in our nation’s schools. I hope to instill great ideas within the minds of these learners to include, but are not limited to:  Diversity awareness, importance of the love and art of Teacher Pedagogy, the need and consideration of Culturally Responsive Curricular, Culturally Responsive Teaching and Pedagogy. I believe we each are charged with who we place in our classrooms, and ensuring that these individuals have what it takes to massage the Social Emotional Learning techniques for our greatest assets (our children).

MY MOM AND BABY SISTER
Although I have two sisters, and one brother, I spend lots of time with my 83-year-old mother (who will turn 84 in a month), and my baby sister (8 years my junior) who has Multiple Sclerosis, Heart issues, and Gout. Can anyone say – That’s enough for one person?

Although we love to have lunch together, and indulging in a good movie, we also love just sitting and chatting with one another. Most our days, however, are filled with doctor’s appointments, but those are short, so we have time to get to the things we enjoy.


LASTLY, BUT CERTAINLY NOT LEAST
I plan to bring your more book, materials, FREEBIES, and etc., my loyal followers. I'm extremely passionate about what I do, and I arise very early each morning getting started on my day!
HOW ARE YOU DOING?
During my last blog, I answered the question below. 

“Okay, now I’ve met with the Principal, Dr. Cherrye, and you assured me that the Principal would be all ears, but guess what? This Principal is stubborn, and chooses not to listen to me. What next?”

How are you coming along with this endeavor? I'm eager to find out, so please share and then inform me what I can do to assist further. I want to help you and your children.


Please see Two (2) FREEBIES below. Be sure to download them today!







1 comment:

  1. Comments from Linda Hales:

    Sounds just about as laid back as you are likely to get, knowing what a highly motivated workhorse you are about being productive and helping others. I admire you for all that you do and your commitment to supporting parents through the trials and tribulations their children experience. Keep on doing what you do Cherrye. Parents need a professional yet friendly advocate to help them navigate through those increasingly complex issues.

    ReplyDelete